Tricks For Conserving Water From Our Grand Prairie Plumbing Contractors
- Inspecting your water faucets and pipes for leaks is one of the easiest ways to conserve water with your home plumbing system. Our Grand Prairie plumbing contractors say that even the smallest drip could waste 20 gallons of water in a single day, while a larger leak could waste more than 100 gallons in a single day.
- Turn the water off while you brush your teeth. You don't need to keep the water running while you brush your teeth. Only turn the water on when you are ready to rinse.
- Don't use your toilet as a trashcan. Only use your toilet for its proper use. Each time you flush an unnecessary item down the toilet you are wasting more than 5 gallons of water and risking a backup.
- Reduce the amount of time you spend in the shower. This is a simple and effective way to reduce the amount of water you use. Reducing the amount of time you spend in the shower by as little as 5 minutes could save more than 30 gallons of water in a single use.
- Only operate your dishwasher or washing machine on a full load. Don't operate these machines if they are only half full. It's also important to adjust the load size on your washing machine during use. For instance, a medium-size load needs less water than a full-size load.Call our office today for more information. Our Grand Prairie plumbing contractors are always ready to help show you more ways you can reduce your water bill.