More Plumbing Tips From Our Grand Prairie Drain Clearing Experts
The best way to keep your drains clear is to not clog them in the first place. Follow these simple tips and you may never need to use our professional Grand Prairie drain clearing service again.
- Avoid pouring grease or fats down your kitchen drain. It's important not to use your kitchen sink as a place to dispose of grease and fats because they solidify inside your pipes. This makes it very difficult to remove these clogs from the drain.
- Don't use your toilet as a trash compost. Even something as small as a cotton ball or tissue paper can cause a clog in your toilet. Only use the toilet to flush toilet paper, put everything else in your trashcan.
- Always run cold water when operating the garbage disposal. This will prevent any grease that may remain on your food and plates from melting. It's also a good idea to allow the water to run for at least 15 seconds after your garbage disposal has been turned off to allow all the food scraps to be flushed completely through your plumbing.
- Frequently clean your drain strainers. If you allow your drain strangers to become clogged with debris, they will become virtually useless. Although the task is tedious, it's better than having to deal with a clogged drain.
- Don't allow hair or other debris to go down the drain. This is especially true in the bathroom. When washing your hair make sure that you remove any hair from the floor of the shower or sink before it goes down the drain. This is true for small particles of soap as well. Even the smallest debris can cause a major clog.
If you have a clogged drain that is beyond your level of expertise, call us, we're the Grand Prairie drain clearing name you can trust.